Subject of the WEBSITE is the creation of panoramas according to criteria set online by the users.
The processing of personal data takes place in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the country-specific data protection regulations applicable to the WEBSITE.
At first, the most important information about your personal data is summarized here. Details with explanations can be found further below.
· The WEBSITE uses one cookie in order to be able to offer the users when returning the same state as she has left. For more information see section 2.
· Your e-mail address is only needed if you would like to receive panoramas by e-mail. The e-mail address will be deleted immediately after the e-mail has been sent. Further information under section 3. a)
· Your IP address is kept for a maximum of 24 hours to prevent overloading the website. For more information, see section 3. b).
· The log data of the traffic between your device and the WEBSITE server is stored for four weeks for security reasons, in order to be able to track abusive or illegal usage or to analyze errors, but is not evaluated or used otherwise. For more information see section 4. a).
· The WEBSITE uses Google Maps. When using Google Maps, your IP address and possibly other data will be transmitted to Google, and specific cookies will be used. For more information, see Section 5.
1. Contact Data
The person responsible for the processing of personal data on the WEBSITE, the controller in terms of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), other data protection laws in the Member States of the European Union and other provisions with data protection character is myself as the operator of the WEBSITE. My contact data are:
Dr. Ulrich Deuschle
Breslauer Strasse 32a
This WEBSITE uses only one cookie. This cookie records the data that a user has entered into a web form in order to retrieve a defined panorama, as well as the data of previous panoramas ("history"). This data will be used to present the WEBSITE filled in with the same data as when the user left it last time. Furthermore, the user can fall back on earlier retrieved panoramas. The cookie is permanent. If the user had entered an e-mail address, this is included. Other personal information is not included.
3. Processing of personal data
a) E-mail address
If a user wants to receive panoramas via e-mail, it is necessary to enter an e-mail address. This will only be used to send the e-mail, and will not be stored any further, but will be deleted immediately after the e-mail has been sent.
b) IP addresses
In connection with the creation of panoramas, the IP addresses of the calling users are recorded and stored for a maximum of 24 hours. The IP addresses are used to minimize the risk of overloading the WEBSITE; a single IP address may generate at most one panorama at a time ("load balancing").
4. Acquisition and processing of general data
a) Log data
The WEBSITE collects a set of general data and information with each call of a webpage by a user or an automated system. This general data and information is stored in the log files of the server. Log data includes:
· the IP address of the device used to access the WEBSITE,
· the time of access,
· the object being accessed, such as a single page within the WEBSITE,
· the website from which the user came to my WEBSITE via a link (so-called "Referrer URL"),
· the operating system with version used by the accessing device,
· the browser type used by the accessing device and the browser version,
· technical and error information for access.
These log data do not allow any direct inference of your person. They may be required for operational, security and failure analysis as well as for detection and defense against attacks and illegal use, and are only used and evaluated in the event of a corresponding suspicion. They will not be passed on to third parties, unless legal regulation enforces this.
All log data will be deleted after four weeks at the latest.
b) General data
For statistical purposes, general data of the panoramas retrieved in the WEBSITE are collected, stored and evaluated. This information does not contain personal data (e-mail address, IP address, user-entered titles or descriptions), but only the information defining the panoramas called, along with some other non-personal information:
· latitude, longitude and elevation of the vantage point;
· orientation, width, resolution, spreading, and view mode of the panorama;
· browsers and operating systems used while accessing.
5. Use of Google Maps
The WEBSITE uses the Google Maps API to display geographic information. This is a third-party service provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA. By using the map features of the WEBSITE, you also expressly agree to the use of the Google Maps API after explicitly opting in.
6. Uses of personal data and legal bases
You can visit the WEBSITE without telling who you are.
We only collect and process access data which your internet browser automatically transmits for the purpose of requesting webpages or panoramas on the WEBSITE. These data do not allow an immediate conclusion to your person. The legal basis for the processing of your personal data in this regard is the protection of our legitimate interests (Article 6 (1) f) GDPR), (1) to enable communication between our server and your device and deliver the contents of our website correctly, (2) to prevent overloading of the WEBSITE server, (3) to ensure the continued functioning of our server and the technical system of the WEBSITE, and (4) to provide law enforcement agencies with the information necessary for law enforcement in the event of a cyberattack.
Otherwise, we only collect personal data from you if you voluntarily provide it to us on the website, in particular an e-mail address.
7. Right of access to personal data, rectification of personal data, erasure of personal data, objection to processing of personal data
According to the provisions of the GDPR, as a data subject you have the right to demand confirmation from me at any time free of charge if personal data is processed by me, as well as to receive detailed information about your personal data stored by me. You also have the right to rectification, blocking or, apart from the legally required data storage, deletion of your personal data. If you request the deletion and there is a statutory filing obligation, I will first block the data and only after the expiration of the archiving period completely delete. Furthermore, as the data subject, you have the right to request changes or the revocation of consent by informing me.
The above list of rights according to GDPR is concise and not exhaustive. I have limited my presentation to what I believe to be the most important rights with respect to this WEBSITE.
8. Applicable law and jurisdiction
9. Severability clause
Should individual provisions of this data protection agreement be legally invalid or unenforceable, the validity of the remaining provisions shall remain unaffected.
10. English translation
a) personal data
‘Personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
b) data subject
‘Data subject’ is any identified or identifiable natural person whose personal data is processed by the controller.
‘Processing’ means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
‘Controller’ means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law.
e) third party
‘Third party’ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
‘Consent’ of the data subject means any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.